Sometimes I feel like such a guy. One of those moments came when I arrived at the Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk opening ceremonies at a downtown Brooklyn park a couple of weeks ago. Soft music, tearful speeches, a presentation about the multi-colored “honor beads” that participants wore (a different color for [...]
About This Blog
Welcome to my blog, which grew out of my experience as a suicide survivor and my experience writing Why Suicide? (see below). On occasion I’ll be posting an essay based on something I’ve read, someone I’ve met, an experience I’ve had, or just a memory of someone in my life who took his or her life. If you have a thought on something I’ve written, I hope you won’t hesitate to join the conversation by leaving a comment.
- Tammy on A Father Attempts Suicide; A Son Struggles for Answers
- stephanie larson on We May Think We’re Alone, But We’re Not. New List of Famous Suicide Survivors Just Released.
- Katie on A Father Attempts Suicide; A Son Struggles for Answers
- Gerard Collins on Walking Through the Night to Heal a Wounded Heart
- Rebecca Barnes on Walking Through the Night to Heal a Wounded Heart
About Eric Marcus
Eric Marcus is the author of several books, including Why Suicide?, Is It A Choice?, and Making Gay History. He is also co-author of Breaking the Surface, the #1 New York Times bestselling autobiography of Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis. And he currently serves on the national board of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. (Photo Credit: Dixie Sheridan.)