How do you criticize a well-meaning music video that condemns anti-gay bullying and tries to offer hope to LGBT young people who may be thinking of killing themselves? Reluctantly.
A couple of days ago I watched Rise Against’s “Make It Stop” video and found its images [...]
About This Blog
Welcome to my blog, which grew out of my experience as a suicide survivor and my experience writing Why Suicide? (see below). On occasion I’ll be posting an essay based on something I’ve read, someone I’ve met, an experience I’ve had, or just a memory of someone in my life who took his or her life. If you have a thought on something I’ve written, I hope you won’t hesitate to join the conversation by leaving a comment.
- Tammy on A Father Attempts Suicide; A Son Struggles for Answers
- stephanie larson on We May Think We’re Alone, But We’re Not. New List of Famous Suicide Survivors Just Released.
- Katie on A Father Attempts Suicide; A Son Struggles for Answers
- Gerard Collins on Walking Through the Night to Heal a Wounded Heart
- Rebecca Barnes on Walking Through the Night to Heal a Wounded Heart
About Eric Marcus
Eric Marcus is the author of several books, including Why Suicide?, Is It A Choice?, and Making Gay History. He is also co-author of Breaking the Surface, the #1 New York Times bestselling autobiography of Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis. And he currently serves on the national board of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. (Photo Credit: Dixie Sheridan.)